Dip Dye



Inspired by Geneva, the DIY master, I decided to try my hand at dip-dyed denim á la Dries Van Noten. It was the perfect project to break my DIY cherry - too simple to mess up! My faded denim resulted in a more subtle look than the designer version, but I like the delicate effect. The dip-dye almost disappears in the dreamy early morning light, but it's there.

If you're not already acquainted with Geneva, do take a peek at her blog here. She inspires even the most creatively challenged to try their hand at sartorial DIY.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

When DIY's go right, they go oh so right...the denim jacket looks awesome.

the style crusader said...

This is so perfect! I love that the fading isn't harsh. It blends in so perfectly! Totally stunning! xx

Emily said...

I LOVE it. I did this to cut-offs yesterday!
xx

Unknown said...

I've seen this D.I.Y it's so cool, really fresh! You captured the jacket really weel :)

Down This Road said...

looks insane jessie! these snaps are amaze too you look gorg!!

xx
http://www.iletaitunefois.com.au/

Lee Oliveira said...

Looking fabulous Jessie..
Lovely composition.. and your jacket.. to die!
lee x

rich girls. said...

i love how it's so subtle.
the paler the denim the better, i reckon - especially paired with neutrals.
you look absolutely adorable. x.

Angela Alvarez said...

you guys definitely have the best street style blog!!! :D congrats for your work!
xx
fashionbit

erin (calivintage) said...

beautiful! i've been wanting a faded denim jacket like this for a while, and now you've just pushed me over the edge! i really like the way this came out and i love the dreamy pale color combination in this outfit!

hannah-rose said...

jessie! you are such a boss.. this is a great DIY, man oh man am I obsessing over the DVN dip dye jeans at the moment.

X

samnang kevin said...

this is pretty siccck.

geenafashion said...

gorgeous
www.geenafashion.blogspot.com

Miann - Fashion Falsehood said...

oh this is cute. love a subtly dip-dye. not so harsh and 80s that way

xx

The Miso Soup said...

Delicate result. Thumbs up for your DIY!

Geneva Vanderzeil said...

This is so absolutely gorgeous! You have done such an amazing job. Great work!